Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: Post-Installation Issue: Couldn't open str

From: Joe Wells
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: Post-Installation Issue: Couldn't open stream {ckmehta:143}INBOX...
Date: 25 Jan 2003 19:59:09 -0600

On Sat, 2003-01-25 at 15:58, Chris Weiss wrote:
> are there any errors in your syslog/maillog?  I've had locking errors before
> that
> cause this.

Well, this bit of maillog looks interesting, and it looks like it
repeats upon each phpgw login <stuff in here changed to protect the
guilty>:

Jan 25 19:19:01 mail imapd[18001]: imap service init from 10.1.1.4
Jan 25 19:19:01 mail imapd[18001]: Command stream end of file, while
reading line user=??? host=UNKNOWN
Jan 25 19:19:01 mail imapd[18002]: imap service init from 10.1.1.4
Jan 25 19:19:01 mail imapd[18002]: Authenticated user=<realusername>
host=mail.<example.com> [10.1.1.4]

Note that this does NOT appear to happen when a typical IMAP client
accesses the server. I've poked around a bit on Google Groups, but I see
little explanation of this message (although may people seem to be
getting it). One suggestion that I've seen several times is to use
"imap/notls", but I'm not sure how to implement that. Several of these
reports also specify that they are using RedHat 7.3, which is what is
installed here. I tried to look up the error in the phpgw mail archives,
but the site seems to be down. My own cache didn't turn up an answer.

We're running (from rpm)
imap-2001a-10
cyrus-sasl-1.5.24-25
apache-1.3.27-1