Re: [Phpgroupware-users] ldap auth help/documents

From: Lars Kneschke(priv.)
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] ldap auth help/documents
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 23:58:18 +0000

Izzy Blacklock <address@hidden> schrieb:
>On Monday 24 Mar 2003 7:28 am, Marco Gaiarin wrote:
>> AFAIK if you modify the schema, like adding a piece, you have to
>dump
>> the database, stop the slapd server, delete all file in spool
>> (/var/lib/ldap in debian), restart the server and populate back the
>db.
>
>Really!?  Perhaps this is where my problem lies.    I have to admit
>I'm new to
>LDAP servers myself and don't know either way, but this doesn't sound
>right
>to me.  This would make adding functionality to an existing ldap
>server more
>work then is should be.  I'm guessing I should do a slapcat to dump
>the data
>and a slapadd to restore it?  I'll give it a try.
I don't think that's needed! I never did this. And i changed them schema
files a lot. I would make no sense. The ldap server is verifying the schema
only, when you write something to the tree.

>The manual entries I made to my account look similar.  I am missing
>the
>phpgwAccountExpires, phpgwAccountLastLogin, and
>phpgwAccountLastLoginFrom
>elements.  Obviousely the last two wouldn't have valid data until
>after a
>login occurred, but do they need to exist before for phpgw to function

Are you able to login? Try to set the expiry values from the user admin page
and have a look at the settings again. How did you create your current
users?

Cu