Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Register Globals (was ldapmodify.php; data not

From: Izzy Blacklock
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Register Globals (was ldapmodify.php; data not being submitted)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 23:48:24 -0700

On Sunday 30 Mar 2003 10:50 pm, Dave Hall wrote:
> > This may be true, but if you don't know what to look for, you
> > can't find the
> > answers.  Solutions to know issues need to be documented based on
> > the
> > symptoms of the problem or people not in the know wont be able to
> > find them.
> > I for one plan to do my part to make this happen.
>
> Oh I forgot to mention - it is in
> phpgroupware/phpgwapi/doc/php-configuration.txt

Glad to see it's documented someplace, but I for one didn't even know this
file existed.  As a sysadmin I would never have looked in this directory for
setup and install documents.  I found my php-configuration info from

http://docs.axisgroupware.org/index.php?page=AxisInstallationHOWTO

which didn't have any info on the register_globals option until now.  I just
added it (cut and past from your doc).

I'm not trying to criticize.  I'm just pointing out problems as I discover
them and doing my part to improve the experience for the next guy.  It's the
least I can do to contribute back to all the developers for creating such a
great product.

...Izzy