Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Backing up PHPgroupware

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Backing up PHPgroupware
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 20:30:54 +0000

Look into pg_dumpall and pg_dump

I think there was a change in the date format but I forget which versions of
postgresql that applied to

pg_dumpall creates a text file with the appropriate SQL commands to recreate
the db
including table values .. so you can load it in a text editor and use a
search/replace function if needed

Then (I forget the specifics) you do something like psql -U user template1 <
test.dump to receate the db after setting up the new version