Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Prob with IMAP and E-mail App

From: Daryl L. L. Houston
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Prob with IMAP and E-mail App
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 08:00:01 -0400

Is it possible that there wasn't an INBOX before and that you got the error
this first time, but it created the box, thus allowing you on subsequent
tries to open the box?  Was this a one-time thing or does it happen
consistently with the same box or does it happen only with accounts that
haven't yet logged in using the imap protocol?

Also, I found a note in the imap_open() function reference on php.net to the
effect that if you pass imap_open() a variable as the mailserver name, you
have to precede it with a backslash.  In other words, the call should look
like: $x=imap_open("\{$mailserver}INBOX",$username,$password).  Seems like a
weird fix to me, but if you continue to have trouble, you might look into
seeing if this fixes the problem for you.