Re: [Phpgroupware-users] calendar holiday question

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] calendar holiday question
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:47:25 +1000

Marcus Frischherz <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dave Hall wrote:
>
> >Marcus Frischherz <address@hidden> wrote:
> >>
> >>If not, what do I do? This is, what I did so far: I grabbed the
> >>holidays for AT
> >>from phpgroupware, but they only contained a fraction of the
> >>holidays. I added
> >>the missing fixed holidays (and submitted them to phpgroupware).
> >>found a
> >>calendar/setup file for the German holidays until 2009. I copied
> >>it for AT and
> >>edited it. But what do I do now? I have placed it in the
> >>calendar/setupdirectory, but I don't know how to access it now.
> >>
> >If you submit the file as patch on savannah we can load it on
> >phpgroupware.org, and this will allow all users to access it.
> >

> ok.. I will gladly submit it, if you tell me how and where.
> However, you didn't understand my question: what is the link
> between the
> holidays in the database (in my case MySQL). How exactly does it
> help me
> to have created a file phpgroupware/calendar/setup/holidays.AT?
> When is
> it read and used?

I am not an expert on calendar - but - here goes my understanding of it.

First go to admin->calendar->holiday management and download the AT
holidays, save it as /path/to/phpgroupware/calendar/setup/holidays.AT.
Also dump the data from phpgw_cal_holidays using mysqdump or phpmyadmin.

Then remove all the AT holidays from phpgw_cal_holidays

In admin->calendar->site configuration there is an option load holidays
dynamically - set this to on, and set load from to localhost.

 If they are ok then upload the holidays.AT file at
http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?group=phpgroupware

Cheers

Dave