[Phpgroupware-users] Re: Login performance

From: Jorge Izquierdo
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: Login performance
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:49:40 +0200

Hi everybody. I discovered which PHP statement is the one who takes me too much time for the login process. It´s in time of generating the sessionid variable from the login.php script:

$GLOBALS['sessionid'] = $GLOBALS['phpgw']->session->create($GLOBALS
['login'],$GLOBALS['HTTP_POST_VARS']['passwd'],$GLOBALS['HTTP_POST_VARS']['passwd_t
ype']);

Any ideas of why this takes too much time? This is a call to some function of th phpgropware API or something like that? I´m quite newbie with PHP and with PHPgroupware, any help or hint on how debugging this would be great!!! Thanks!!!

Jorge

It takes up to 5 minutes between the POST operation of sending the=20
credentials and the GET operation to access user=B4s home. Looking on my=20
database (where session is stored) and my OpenLDAP logs(is the one who=20
authenticates the users) session id is stored just in a second and the=20
authentication process almost the same.

Is there any other step in the login process which may be slowing the=20
process so much? Has anybody tested phpgroupware aginst apache 2.0.46=20
with PHP-4.3.2 and MySQL 4.0.13 on Solaris? Hao may I debug the process=20
to see where is consuming so much time?

HELP PLEASE!!! ;-))

Jorge

Hao may I debug the process
to see where is consuming so much time?

it's ugly, but it may require adding echo's and print's and print_r's in to see
where this is stalling