Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: 9.16preRC slow

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: 9.16preRC slow
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 20:05:37 +0000

Guillaume Courtois (address@hidden) wrote:

>That did the trick for me too.
>
>You run that from crontab ?

yes, I run a daily cronjob script (the vacuum is after the dump in case
something
gets screwed up I have a day to fix it)

#!/bin/sh
pg_dumpall -c > /mnt2/hdd4/pgsql.master.dump
vacuumdb -av

and a weekly cronjob (I actually also do a weekly backup of this dump file, and
as
you can see, it gets synced via unison to my laptop on a semi regular basis ..
so I
have as many as three copies of my weekly dump in case everything goes to hell)

#!/bin/sh
pg_dumpall -c > /home/bjohnson/laptopsync/pgsql.master.dump
vacuumdb -av