[Phpgroupware-users] ongoing problem with Chat

From: Brett Shadbolt
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] ongoing problem with Chat
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 17:04:12 GMT

Hi guys,

I have been having problems with Chat and session management.

I think I have sorted out the session management problems - I have had to copy
a custom php.ini file to every directory that contains a php script in to
ensure that it is looking for/saving session data into my own tmp directory
(rather than the server wide /tmp - I am on a hosted system).

I now appears that session data is being saved in the correct directory and
each phpgw APP is looking in the correct directory.

My problem now is that phpgw creates 2 session files each time I log in - 1 has
data the other seems to be empty (0 bytes). Chat reports this as an error as
follows:

Warning: fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0. in
/home/bretts/phpgw/phpgwapi/inc/class.sessions_php4.inc.php on line 216

Also, after phpgw exits, these session files remain in the directory but all of
them are empty (0 bytes) so after multiple logins I have a whole list of these
errors coming up. Could chat be modified to exclude session files of zero
length?

Cheers,

Brett