Re: [Phpgroupware-users] New Install Help

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] New Install Help
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 01:00:11 +0000

On 12/17/05, Robert Steinmetz <address@hidden> wrote:
> In the php.ini  recomendations I don't understand the path entry for
> phpgw-vfs. I suspect this may be my problem.
> Where is that by default or how can I determine the correct value? Here
> is the entry from the php.ini file
> open_basedir = /usr/local/apache/share/htdocs/phpgroupware:/tmp

the VFS is nothing by default, it's a security risk.  it can be
configured securely, but that's server specific so it can't be done by
default.  this page has a section explaining how to setup the vfs
files location securely, and the path you choose to store the files in
will need to be in the openbasedir path.
http://docs.phpgroupware.org/html/install/presetuptask.html

> The index.php file does not seem to be running. I get  the index.php but
> it only opens the text of the file.
> If I comment out the open_basedir I get the index file.

strange.  maybe the site root needs to be in the open base dir?  or
maybe it should not be in there?  I've never used it so I don't know
for sure.

> I was also getting this error
> "File does not exist:
> /usr/local/apache/share/htdocs/phpgroupware/favicon.ico"
> I copied the file from the default template and that seems to have stopped.

makes sence, simple solution too.  Dave, can you do this for the new release?