Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Strangness with phpgw and ldap...

From: Marco Gaiarin
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Strangness with phpgw and ldap...
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:37:15 +0100

Mandi! Benoit Hamet
  In chel di` si favelave...

> Well, not sure it can be THE solution, but if I give you a patch which
> uses group membership using the ldap system and not acl, could that help ?

I've just partially solved that, eg i've build (and post here some
weeks ago) a script, hacked from the smbldap-tools, that 'copy' the
LDAP group membership to phpgw_acl table.
This is not the problem.

The problem here came from the facts that, if you use phpgw with an
already done LDAP tree, it is really easy that you have group/user ID
clash.

So you can use phpgwAccountID/GroupID, to add, eg, 10000 to all
users/groups, but this information are user only somewhere in phpgw,
particulary they are not used in memberships and acl, so you can login
but nothing more.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                                 GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/