Re: [phpGroupWare-users] minimal install

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] minimal install
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 08:08:24 -0600

On 3/7/07, jose veiga wrote:
I would like to know which files and folders we really need for a minimum instalation.
Could someone tell us which are the "system-required" folders and files? For
example, is phpGroupWare - 0.9.16.kpf required? do we need CVS folders?

For a extra lean install, I'd start by grabbing the code from cvs
http://downloads.phpgroupware.org/cvs (linked off the downloads page
as well).  in the 4th command there the "required" modules are admin,
setup, and preferences.  You can add any other module names you want
to that command as well.  Instead of deleting the CVS directories,
delete any folders under the various modules template directories that
are for templates you won't be using.  Deleting unused templates will
save a lot more space than the CVS dirs take up due to all the images
in there.

If you still want to remove CVS dirs, I would KEEP your CVS download
as a "master" to use for updating and in case you want to add any new
modules.  Make a copy of it and in the copy remove the CVS directories
and upload it.

The main benefit of the CVS dirs is that to apply a security update
you only have to download the lines of code that changed, and most of
the time any files that you've customized will not be affected  so you
won't have to re-apply the work again.  They add very little space
over all and provide a rather huge time savings in both labor and
bandwidth.