Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Making Groups/Users "Dynamic"

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Making Groups/Users "Dynamic"
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 00:50:11 +1100

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 00:21 -0700, consumedsoul wrote:

> Anyone know of a way to make the groups/users membership more "dynamic"? So
> to illustrate, right now this is the way that the engine works:
>
> 1. User adds appointment and selects a group as 'participants'.
> 2. Appointment is created with the member[s] of the group individually added
> to the apointment as participants.
>
> I wanted to know if this was possible instead:
>
> 1. User adds appointment and selctes a group as 'participants'.
> 2. Appointment is created with the group as the participant.
>
> This will permit me to add or remove a member of a group down the road and
> the calendar view will reflect the change[s] w/o further manual intervention.
>
> I realize this may need fundamental change to the calendar/database, but was
> wondering if anyone has tried this, etc.

This was considered and it has been decided to not implement this
functionality at this stage.  The next version of phpgw will allow you
to invite contacts to events, and that functionality will clash with
what you are proposing.

You are free to do it yourself, but be aware that later this year it
will break badly for you.

Cheers

Dave