Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Re: Re: Re: Install not working

From: Benoit Hamet
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Re: Re: Re: Install not working
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 12:20:07 +0100

Benoit Hamet a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I guess I found where's the bug comes from ...
>
> in short :
> Please configure mysql as iso-88** system not utf-8. phpgw in it's
> 0.9.16 flavor is not utf-8 compliant.

Another solution is to do the following if you let phpgroupware creating
the DB :
edit phpgwapi/inc/class.db_mysql
go to line 626
Replace this
$this->query("CREATE DATABASE $currentDatabase");
by
$this->query("CREATE DATABASE $currentDatabase DEFAULT CHARACTER SET
latin1");

Then go back in the setup and create the DB. Then all should be ok.

Of course if you use phpmyadmin, then you should be able to fix it there.

Best regards,

Caeies.