phptest-users

Re: [Phptest-users] Re: add question issue

From: dj resonance
Subject: Re: [Phptest-users] Re: add question issue
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:38:10 -0700 (PDT)

Well, it's at least good to hear that you're able to
use phpTest with the big three browsers.  I'm still
convinced it's a programming error on my part that is
preventing phpTest from working on the other three,
but that will have to be relegated to investigation on
my todo list.  Please let me know if you find any more
problems or have any suggestions.

Thanks,
Brandon

--- "Kathleen A. Ferraro" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Brandon and John,
>
> There clearly are differences among the browsers. I
> tested the 6 I have
> on my macs (os x) and found that 3 work as they
> should wiht phptest on
> my server, and 2 don't:
> work
> netscape 6.2
> ie 5.1
> mozilla 1.1
>
> don't work
> icab
> opera 5.0
> OMNIWeb
>
> Also, I get the same "Unknown file upload error"
> when I access your demo
> site from OMNI Web and try to enter text without
> uploading an image.
>
> This doesn't diminish the utility of phptest for me
> since most of my
> users will have one of the 3 browsers that it works
> with. I'm
> disappointed in the other 3 browsers, though,
> because I use them a lot
> because of their speed and/or appearance.
>
> I don't know if any of this detail is helpful in
> your attempt to
> diagnosis the problem. I do appreciate your
> following up. If you need
> anyone to test subsequent versions, I will be glad
> to help.
>
> Best,
>
> Kathie
>

> On Thursday, July 18, 2002, at 03:40 PM, dj
> resonance wrote:
>
> > Hi again Kathleen,
> >
> > The problem seems to be that your browser or php
> or
> > the webserver (not sure which one) is not passing
> > $HTTP_POST_FILES to the script.  In my testing,
> the
> > variable would be passed, even if it was empty.
> What
> > is happening with your script is that the variable
> is
> > empty, so the conditional checks are passing.  Try
> > replacing this part of the code with the text
> below:
> >
> >         // else, if a file tried to upload but
> didn't
> > work
> >         } elseif
> ($HTTP_POST_FILES['image']['error']
> > != '4' && isset($HTTP_POST_FILES)) {
> >
> >             if
> ($HTTP_POST_FILES['image']['tmp_name']
> > != 'none') {
> >
> > The "&& isset($HTTP_POST_FILES)" part should fail
> for
> > you so I'm guessing the code would work.  Also if
> you
> > turn on notices in your php.ini file you might see
> > warning about $HTTP_POST_FILES being empty.  Let
> me
> > know if that works for you.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Brandon
> >

> > --- Kathleen Ferraro <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> Gladly, Brandon. Here are a couple of scenarios:
> >>
> >> 1. Added the code you suggested and entered text
> >> without uploading an
> [...]
=== message truncated ===