phptest-users

Re: [Phptest-users] Help with java and PHP timer for PHPTest

From: TW-2
Subject: Re: [Phptest-users] Help with java and PHP timer for PHPTest
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 07:11:45 -0700

A small reminder to some, my version is heavily modified and I do not use
the standard PHPTest scripts. I have added to or removed certain files but I
may at some point integrate the timer into the generic script if Brandon
doesn't do it first. I have plans to use this timer with the one
question/one page format but haven't gotten that far yet.
I do not currently use 'question at a time' pages, all my tests are on one
page. I have not tried this timer for one question/one page type setups.
With some modification I suppose you could get it to work but I don't use it
that way. Something I may try at a future date.

At any rate here is roughly what I have done to incorporate the timer into
PHPTest :

In the header.inc.php file in the 'include' folder I have changed the
following lines --

just below the 'style' tags are the following:

----
 <script src="include/functions.js" type="text/javascript"
language="javascript"></script>
</head>
----

I have renamed the header.inc.php file to testheader.inc.php and changed the
line to read:

----
 <script src="include/functions.js" type="text/javascript"
language="javascript"></script>
</head>
----

I have also changed the test.php file to include the new header file:

----
 require_once('./include/testheader.inc.php');
----

This line is about half way down, where the form begins to be written just
after
 the  }else{  statement.

Hope that helps you Kathy.....

Cheers!