pigeoncide-devel

[pigeoncide-devel] More on the animations issue

From: Juan Pedro Bolívar Puente
Subject: [pigeoncide-devel] More on the animations issue
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 20:01:01 +0100

We have some more information on the issue thanks to an answer that I
got in the Panda3D forum:

http://www.panda3d.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=7969

By using the Actor.pprint() function that they suggest I got the
following output:

:egg2pg(warning): AnimBundle boy specifies contradictory number of frames.
:egg2pg(warning): AnimBundle boy specifies contradictory frame rates.
:egg2pg(warning): AnimBundle boy specifies contradictory number of frames.
:egg2pg(warning): AnimBundle boy specifies contradictory frame rates.
:egg2pg(warning): AnimBundle boy specifies contradictory number of frames.

LOD: lodRoot
  Part: modelRoot
  Bundle: CharacterJointBundle boy
    Anim: boy
      File: None
      NumFrames: 17 PlayRate: 1.00
    Anim: boy.1
      File: None
      NumFrames: 9 PlayRate: 1.00
    Anim: boy.3
      File: None
      NumFrames: 30 PlayRate: 1.00
    Anim: boy.2
      File: None
      NumFrames: 11 PlayRate: 1.00

LOD: lodRoot
  Part: modelRoot
  Bundle: CharacterJointBundle boy
    Anim: boy
      File: None
      NumFrames: 1 PlayRate: 1.00

I tried each of those animations, and I think that the summary of issues
currently is:

- - The "contradictory number of frames" problem is caused by exporting
only keyframes and not every frame. Panda needs every frame to be
exported to work properly. Probably there is a setting for that in the
.X exporter.

- - The arms and legs don't show in the animation :S Only the t-shirt,
pants and head show. Maybe it is related with the previous issue.

- - Some of the animations show the character rotated 90º in the vertical
axis.

- - The flipped normals issue persists, I think that there must be a
simple option in the exporter to flip the normals.

- - Only 4 animations show in the file (afaik Marc did some more), maybe
when the contradictory number of frames thing is fixed this too...

JP