pika-dev

Re: [Pika-dev] two questions

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Pika-dev] two questions
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 08:29:44 -0800 (PST)

    > From: "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <address@hidden>

    > i forgot a couple of questions:

    > - how do i (re)generate header file contents after modifying a .c?

I use some (slightly wobbly) emacs hacks for that.   They aren't
conveniently available in a separate package but you can get a copy of
my assorted emacs hacks from a different archive:

 archive name: address@hidden
 mirror one: http://regexps.srparish.net/{archives}/address@hidden
 mirror two: http://arch.quackerhead.com/~lord/archives/address@hidden

 project: elisp--devo--0.1

The main file of interest is:

        ./lib/c-decl.el

and I use M-x build-declarations RET (from within the .c file)
to build the headers.

That command relies on the structure of the .h file.  When making a
new .h file I usually use M-x template-command RET (actually I bind it
to M--) found in lib/templates.el.

    > - how are docs extracted from the source comments?

Oddly.

The makefile actually contains (limited utility) rules for this.
_From_within_the_build_dir_for_ src/scm/libscm/ you can run
`make html' or `make ps' or `make texi'.

However, the rules rely on having a copy of systas scheme in the same
source tree.  You can get that by building a new copy of my source
tree using the config "configs/emf.net/devo" instead of
"configs/emf.net/devo.scm".

Systas may or may not encounter porting problems on your platform.
It is an old implementation, branched from Guile long ago, and still
thinks that #f and () are the same.

Eventually, the document formatter will have to be ported to Pika.

-t