pika-dev

Re: [Pika-dev] Starting work on strings from the scm side

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Pika-dev] Starting work on strings from the scm side
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:55:20 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Andreas Rottmann <address@hidden>

    > Matthew Dempsky <address@hidden> writes:

    > > Andreas Rottmann <address@hidden> writes:

    > >> Now that object locks are basically in place, I could go ahead and do
    > >> the string wrapping, catching up to what jao has done on the hackerlab
    > >> side. OK?

    > > I began work on strings and added the string type, but I haven't done
    > > any work on wrapping the hackerlab operations.  I think Tom has merged
    > > these, but I could be mistaken.

    > I know of your --strings branch and also thought Tom merged that, but
    > apparently he did only up to patch-12 (in his scm--devo--0.1--patch21).

    > I think it should cause no trouble if I merge in your --string branch
    > into a newly created --string branch, branched off my --integration
    > branch. However, if you'd like to carry on doing string work, I can
    > search some other place to hack around.

Just from the arch perspective ---  this is a case where if you merge
in Jivera's changes as a starting point we'll be violating "star
topology" and slightly complicating merges.   But arch copes with that
well enough so it's no big deal.   Do whatever helps you make best
progress and I'll worry about integration.

-t