pika-dev

[Pika-dev] Re: vtable bug (Re: Replacing cport [...])

From: Matthew Dempsky
Subject: [Pika-dev] Re: vtable bug (Re: Replacing cport [...])
Date: 17 Mar 2004 16:07:10 -0600

Andreas Rottmann <address@hidden> writes:

> So should I add a scm_object_lock_is_held() or so function? The same
> issue also comes up with scm_string_value(), which turned to public
> function with my latest string foo (not yet published).

Unless I'm mistaken, scm_string_value should not be exposed to this
same bug (other than implementation maybe) -- scm_string_value returns
a pointer to the udstr data, not a pointer to the binary data.
scm_binary_data_addr is only an issue for immediate data that we need
access to (integers, pointers, doubles, etc.).

On another matter, because a common usage of binary data is to store
pointers or word sized data, perhaps an API function to fast path this
usage pattern would be beneficial?

-jivera