pika-dev

Re: [Pika-dev] Keyword type?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Pika-dev] Keyword type?
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 03:10:33 -0400

I think keywords in the normal lisp sense should not have `foo:' syntax -- it
looks nice in for some uses, but in most lisps they're used for many
different applications where such a syntax is simply confusing.

[FWIW, my original introduction to keywords was with franz lisp, which _did_
use the foo: syntax; I thought Common-Lisp's use of :foo was annoying at
first, but I quickly realized it was better given the way they were used.]

Of course you could have multiple keyword types I suppose... that'd also
help with the ambiguity of :kw1 :val :kw2.

-Miles
--
`The suburb is an obsolete and contradictory form of human settlement'