pika-dev

[Pika-dev] this thing

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: [Pika-dev] this thing
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 18:27:56 -0800

I have been working on a simple, small software system which
is, nevertheless, of fairly intricate design.

Here is one paragraph and links to a web site about
applications and the tech:

  I am building a tiny graph reduction engine for running functional
  programs with some unusual properties.  Primitive combinators in this
  system are expected to be very large computational steps (e.g., "parse
  this string to produce a DOM tree").  Execution is strictly demand
  driven -- programs are monads whose mutable state consists only of
  "signal ports" and programs are granted cycles only when output from a
  given signal port is demanded.  The VM has a simple model of
  clustering (virtual nodes connected via signal ports) and process
  isolation (rings of protection).  Trees (code and data graphs) are
  immutable, acyclic combinations of tree-nodes, identifiers, and binary
  blobs.  The VM can automatically cache the outcome of any sequence of
  reductions that does not include I/O.  The whole implementation is
  looking like it will come out far under 10K lines of code.  I believe
  it will have many interesting performance characteristics making it
  especially useful for writing web services.

  Applications: http://www.seyza.com/the-party
  Tech: http://www.seyza.com/the-vm

I'm out of money and time ("pencils down") -- applying for
telemarketing  jobs and that kind of thing.   At the same time, I think
I've reached a state in this work where it is initially presentable
(albeit very far from polished).

I'd like to make some money off this thing.   Can you help, please?
I'll certainly share some the money that is made if you will help
to fund completing the work.

-t