Re: How to continue

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: How to continue
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 12:52:06 +0200

On Tuesday 11 June 2002 12:32, David Philippi wrote:
> - if you're happy with a change made by someone, write it on the list. If
> I read a praise to someone else I may be motivated to outperform him :-)

I knew that I'd forget something - I'm very happy about the reduction of
shared_ptr use. Not only did it allow me to reduce header dependencies
further, it also simplifies the code. Are there any places where a
shared_ptr is really needed and not just used as a blown up auto_ptr ?
Whenever I see a shared_ptr<X> in the code, I wonder wheter reference
counting is really needed here...

Bye David