Re: gfx dudes ahoi!

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: gfx dudes ahoi!
Date: 27 Sep 2002 14:55:00 +0200

bastian salmela <address@hidden> writes:

>> Is the GUI style and graphics for Linux and Windows going to >be
>> unified?  Ideally, it would be the best thing to do.
>
> I didn't know they were different even?

The GUI is everywhere the same, its just that the last Win32 version
was 0.4 (which has the old GUI), while last linux version is 0.5.0pre3
(which is the new GUI).

Linux version with the old GUI is this one (looks quite a bit better
than current CVS, since it has fade in/out's, Level startscreens,
etc.):

 * ftp://pingus.seul.org/pub/pingus/pingus-0.4.0-binary-i386.tar.gz

>> Also, Windows runs faster than Linux.
>
> hmmm???  perhaps I'm not even going into that road .. :)

The gameplay of 0.4 is faster than 0.5, the timeing code in 0.5 is a
bit broken at that point. The level loading and the editor is quite a
bit faster in 0.5. Its really not a Win vs. Linux issue, but just 0.4
against 0.5-CVS

--
ICQ: 59461927                                    http://pingus.seul.org |
Ingo Ruhnke <address@hidden>           http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/ |