Re: Sketch of the first world

From: Gervase Lam
Subject: Re: Sketch of the first world
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 00:18:05 +0000

I had a go at Tutorial World.  The problem with the levels is that they
don't all really fit into the icy/snowy theme of the world map.

For some of the levels, the main thing that needs changing is the
backgrounds.  For other levels, different ground pieces are required.  For
example, the Climber tutorial level has desert ground pieces.

Also, I think the Jumper tutorial is impossible to achieve.

> Subject: Re: Sketch of the first world
> From: Ingo Ruhnke <address@hidden>
> Date: 29 Oct 2002 01:17:53 +0100

> > Looks quite nice but I don't like the green dots very much. They
> > look quite a bit out of place. Maybe a darker and more natural green
> > would cancel the effect.
>
> The dots are just placeholders, they will get replaced with something
> nicer, not sure exactly with what, but most likly with flagpoles where
> the Pingu will then raise a flag one successfully finishing it.
> Somebody might get reminded of Super Mario Broth, but thats ok. ;)

May be the signs that are used in the tutorial levels can be taken and put
into the world map.  The sign would have an icon on it.  After a level is
completed there could either be a different icon in the sign or a tick to
say that the level has been completed.

Possible icons that could be on the sign are a red thumbs down and green
thumbs up.  Or may be have some sort of traffic light.  This may or may
not be in the sign.

Thanks,
Gervase.