Re: level editor bugs, playable levels marked as not

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: level editor bugs, playable levels marked as not
Date: 02 Dec 2002 01:25:26 +0100

"Foosh Foosh" <address@hidden> writes:

> Two issues that I've not seen documented have come up. One is the
> level editor. It appears to freeze if I attempt to change some of the
> level properties, specifically whether a level I've created is
> playable.

I have fixed the whole property GUI in the last days, can you try
again if it still freezes?

> Also, attempting to run a level without a background looks quite
> strange. Perhaps there should be a warning? It took a while to
> figure out.

Possible, but I don't consider it important, especially since it could
get annoying over time once you figured out how the editor works. And
at the moment I am the only active level designer around...

> Thirdly, sometimes on a blank level, it says there are no
> properties, and the little box isn't closable.

I have added close buttons now.

> The second is levels marked incorrectly. The following levels are
> marked unplayable but enough lemmings can be saved: desert4.xml
> desert5.xml (hard but good, takes thinking)
>
> With another few seconds: desert-phil2.xml (got 71, needed 80, just
> ran out of time.)

In the next days I will try to fix a few playablity markers.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927