Re: You've find someone to help you develloping pingus!

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: You've find someone to help you develloping pingus!
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 02:30:52 +0100

On Tuesday 31 December 2002 01:27, Nicolas Brouet wrote:
> - Helping in C++ ... I'm not the best you can find, but... I may be
> usefull... - Develloping a story... Yeah...

There's much to do if you want. You could take a look at the bug list
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?group=pingus
or if you prefer you may just take a random look in the code and try to
improve it (there are still large parts that could use a clean rewrite). As a
start you could grep for FIXME and see wheter you've got an idea how to
improve things.

> So?  Ok I devellop my story?

The basic idea is nice - the Pingus lost their brain due to something and the
player has to lead them over a dangerous route to a place where they may be
healed - I wouldn't put it into the Linux vs. Windows area.
If you could try to flesh out the theme with some more details that would be
really great. The game should consist of a set of worlds defining an overall
theme for every level in it. Finishing a world should probably be equal to
reaching a key point in the story which could provide some background to the
gameplay, e.g. after finishing a world you gain something that allows the
Pingus to survive in a world which has a desert theme...
If you have completely different ideas - just post them to the list.

Bye David