Re: Multiplayer question

From: Gervase Lam
Subject: Re: Multiplayer question
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 00:22:03 +0100

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 22:14 -0400, Jason Green wrote:
> Should a specific trap (hammer, guillotine, spike, etc.) be assigned
> to a specific owner, or should it just affect everyone's pingus the
> same way?  For instance, if we had a spike next to an exit, it could

To me traps are indiscriminate.  If you lay a trap in "real life", it
not only affects the thing you're trapping but yourself as well if you
are not careful.

I'd be interested in knowing what grumbel's opinion is.  However, I
think he found multi-player more chaotic than interesting.

Or you could add the owner specific traps as an option to the multi-
player game you are about to play.  If there were multi-owner traps, how
would you flag the ownership of each trap?  In a different colour, or
with a flag?

Thanks,
Gervase