[Pingus-Devel] Using Pingus graphics in another game, and website update

From: UPi
Subject: [Pingus-Devel] Using Pingus graphics in another game, and website updates
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 10:54:31 +0100

Hi pingus-devels,

Thanks for making pingus! It looks pretty, plays just like the original Lemmings game, works with linux, it's perfect :)

I have a question: can I use some of the Pingus graphics (specifically, the backgrounds) in another game? (The game I'm writing is called Vacuum Magic, the website is at http://apocalypse.rulez.org/vacuum). I know the license is GPL and legally I can reuse parts of the software, but still, I'd rather ask for permission first...

Some small things about the pingus website: