plash

Re: [Plash] chown and make install

From: Mark Seaborn
Subject: Re: [Plash] chown and make install
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 21:28:44 +0000 (GMT)

Thomas Leonard <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 9/29/06, Thomas Leonard <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]
> > I updated, but it doesn't seem to build for me anymore:
> >
> > $ ./make.sh
> > Compile src/gtk-powerbox-noninherit.c -> obj/gtk-powerbox-noninherit.os
> > Linking shobj/combined-libc.os
> > ld: ./glibc-i386-objs-2.3.5_2/socket/getsockopt.os: No such file: No
> > such file or directory
>
> Any idea what causes this? Is 2.3.5_2 still the correct version to use?

No, glibc-i386-objs-2.3.5_2 won't work any more.  You'll have to build
glibc from scratch.  You can use debian/rules to do that.
Specifically, you can do:

  ./debian/rules stamp-dir/build-glibc

if you don't want to build a Debian package.  It will prompt you to
download the glibc source if it's not present.  I have switched to
building glibc 2.3.6 now (though this is still not the most recent
version).

I'm not planning on maintaining packages of pre-built glibc object
files any more, because building glibc from scratch works well enough.
Let me know if there's any problem with that.

Most of the time you won't need to rebuild glibc when you rebuild
Plash -- you can keep the glibc build directory.

Cheers
Mark