plash

Re: [Plash] Why is plash not in Ubuntu universe?

From: Mark Seaborn
Subject: Re: [Plash] Why is plash not in Ubuntu universe?
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 15:28:42 +0000 (GMT)

John McCabe-Dansted <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi, I was just wondering why the plash source-debs hadn't been
> uploaded to e.g. Ubuntu universe.

I haven't tried submitting packages to Ubuntu universe.  I just
haven't got round to it.

I have tried submitting Plash to Debian (via debian-mentors) in the
past.  One obstacle has been that Plash needs to build its own glibc
and would duplicate the glibc source in its source package, since
Debian source packages cannot share source.  I think Ubuntu's
submission process might be more likely to give a response than
debian-mentors though.

Mark