platform-testers

[platform-testers] gettext 0.19.7-rc1

From: Daiki Ueno
Subject: [platform-testers] gettext 0.19.7-rc1
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 17:09:41 +0900

Hello,

The first rc of gettext 0.19.7 is available from:

http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/gettext/gettext-0.19.7-rc1.tar.xz
http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/gettext/gettext-0.19.7-rc1.tar.xz.sig

Please send feedback to address@hidden

Dear TP coordinator, this includes a string change in gettext-tools.pot
from the previous pretest versions:

 - "The root element <%s> is not allowed in a valid CLDR file"
 + "The root element must be <%s>"

I tried to build it using the VMs from the pretest project, and got
"make check" failures on some platforms (namely CentOS 6.5 & 7, and
FreeBSD 10.1), but I doubt we can fix it for this release.

The issues on CentOS seem to be related to the system locale settings.

The issues on FreeBSD can be avoided with the --enable-threads=pthreads
configure option, and an update of a test data file:
http://git.sv.gnu.org/cgit/gettext.git/commit/?id=8054ef11

Unless there is any major problem, I will release it as 0.19.7 in a few
days.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno