platform-testers

[platform-testers] new snapshot available: diffutils-3.9.17-cc36

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: [platform-testers] new snapshot available: diffutils-3.9.17-cc36
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 09:00:02 +0200

It's been only four months since 3.9, but with two
bug fixes already, I'd like to make a new release soon.
Here's a snapshot of the latest, bootstrapped with
the very latest gnulib, autoconf and automake:

diffutils snapshot:
  https://meyering.net/diff/diffutils-ss.tar.xz      1.6 MB
  https://meyering.net/diff/diffutils-ss.tar.xz.sig
  https://meyering.net/diff/diffutils-3.9.17-cc36.tar.xz

=============================
NEWS

** Bug fixes

  cmp/diff can again work with file dates past Y2K38
  [bug introduced in 3.9]

  diff -D no longer fails to output #ifndef lines.
  [bug#61193 introduced in 3.9]

=============================
Changes in diffutils since v3.9:

Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belón (1):
      gnulib: fix Y2038 bug (again)

Jim Meyering (5):
      maint: post-release administrivia
      tests: accommodate newer GNU make's SIGPIPE-ignore
      maint: prefer https: to git:
      doc: update HACKING
      maint: suppress new test's doubled-word syntax-check failure

Paul Eggert (11):
      build: add libraries
      build: update gnulib submodule to latest
      maint: sync bootstrap from Gnulib
      doc: update README-hacking
      diff: prefer nullptr to NULL
      diff: use C23 bool
      build: update gnulib submodule to latest
      diff: fix bug where -D does not work
      maint: update .gitignore
      maint: add 'diff --git' TODO
      build: update gnulib submodule to latest

Changes in gnulib since v3.9:

* gnulib 83adc2f722...76402405d1 (493):