playogg-discuss

Re: [playogg-discuss] Re: How would we get Ogg Vorbis adopted? (was Re:

From: Oleg Koptev
Subject: Re: [playogg-discuss] Re: How would we get Ogg Vorbis adopted? (was Re: playogg-discuss Digest, Vol 13, Issue 2)
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 15:36:32 +0400

2010/5/8 Niklas Cholmkvist <address@hidden>
Hi,

> 1. We need at least one Ogg Vorbis Portable Audio Player
> 1. I think we have something.
I have that something :) and it is called Sandisk Sansa Clip 2GB. 40
euro. It plays ogg vorbis and I charge it by connecting it through usb
to my computer. Bought one for a friend which repeatedly told me to buy
one, because my friend wanted one too.

Practically all Chinese media players support OGG.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S1_MP3_player - the most cheap ones, based on Action chip.
More expensive portable media players (but very cheap in comparison with 'huge brand' players), based on Rockchip and China Chip are also have full support for FLAC in addition to OGG and others formats.

Cheers, Oleg