plex86-devel

[Plex86-devel] Plex startup problems.

From: James Pellow
Subject: [Plex86-devel] Plex startup problems.
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 09:30:02 -0700

Hi all,

I have been interrested in plex86 since its beginnings, and have had it up and
running several times.  I just downloaded the 20020502 version and have had
the following problems:

In the bochs section of the configuration file, plex doesn't seem to recognize
"bochs-init"

plex86: error in config file 'winnt', line 31
bochs-init
^ Expecting recognized directive

Looking at the code, it appears that the only valid directive from the bochs
plugin is "bochs-opt".  I have tried removing that line (assuming the
initialization is being done automatically) and plex at least starts but with
the following problem:

Processing command-line options
Opening VM (/dev/plex86)
Processing config file winnt...
Allocating 32MB of physical memory in VM
Mapping virtualized physical memory into monitor
Zeroing virtualized physical memory
Mapping monitor print buffer into user mem.
ROM: loading image '/home/pellja/src/20020502/bios/BIOS-plex86-current' @
0xf0000 (65536 bytes)
ROM: loading image '/home/pellja/src/20020502/bios/VGABIOS-elpin-2.40' @
0xc0000 (32768 bytes)
Setting prescan depth to 3
prescan on
Processed 62 lines of config file 'winnt'
Initializing plugins
Running VM
::init_monitor OK -----------------
nexus_size = 0x24E

::sysIOOut: No handler defined for port 0x70!.

::sysIOIn: No handler defined for port 0x71.

::sysIOOut: No handler defined for port 0x71!.

::plex86 panic:
::emulate:1 default case of 5

Fatal monitor error caused Panic
eax:0x0
ebx:0x0
ecx:0x0
edx:0x0
ebp:0x0
esi:0x0
edi:0x0
esp:0x1a
eflags:0x46
eip:0xa0000
cs:s=0x0, dl=0xffff, dh=0x9b00, valid=1
ss:s=0x0, dl=0xffff, dh=0x9300, valid=1
ds:s=0x0, dl=0xffff, dh=0x9300, valid=1
es:s=0x0, dl=0xffff, dh=0x9300, valid=1
fs:s=0x0, dl=0xffff, dh=0x9300, valid=1
gs:s=0x0, dl=0xffff, dh=0x9300, valid=1
ldtr:s=0x0, dl=0x0, dh=0x0, valid=0
tr:s=0x0, dl=0x0, dh=0x0, valid=0
gdtr:base=0x0, limit=0x0
idtr:base=0x0, limit=0x3ff
dr0:0x0
dr1:0x0
dr2:0x0
dr3:0x0
dr6:0xffff0ff0
dr7:0x400
tr3:0x0
tr4:0x0
tr5:0x0
tr6:0x0
tr7:0x0
cr0:0x60000032
cr1:0x0
cr2:0x0
cr3:0x0
cr4:0x0
inhibit_mask:0
Stack dump:
Current instruction:
 0000.000A0000  0000                     addb    %al, (%bx,%si)

Shutting down plugins
[GUI  ] <INFO>  Exit.
Unmapping guest physical memory.
Unmapping monitor print buffer.
Tearing down VM
Closing VM

Any ideas?  I am running linux kernel 2.4.18.  I hope this hasn't already been
discussed in the list.  I haven't seen it.  I am trying to familiarize myself
with the plex code and would like to contribute from time to time.  Great
project, I hope it takes off again soon.

James Pellow