[Protux-devel] Protux and Debian GNU/Linux "BUG"

From: Fabio dos Santos
Subject: [Protux-devel] Protux and Debian GNU/Linux "BUG"
Date: 15 Sep 2002 20:47:27 -0300

Hey guys. . .

So I'm starting to get my Debian box working (Definately faster than the
RedHat. . .but a bit harder to configure.

Now. The first problem i've encountered compiling Protux was finding all
the libs. They were all there, but they were organized diferently from
RedHat.
 For first, there are not QT2 Devel libs in Debian Woody (3.0) - it gets
installed as libqt2 .deb package with most distributions

The QT3 devel was easy to find and install. My second trouble was
finding the place of all the files. . . the include files and bin files
are respectively in /usr/include/qt and /usr/bin (makes sense though).
So nothing that a simbolic link couldn't solve. I suppose this should be
written somewhere.

It also occured to me that since we are now officially part of the GNU,
we'll probably eventually be included in some debian distribution. . . .
:-)

Now for compilation problems. . . I tried to compile at 8h45PM sunday
night, and i got the following error (compiling from the CVS source)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

g++ -c -o FilterController.mo mocFilterController.cc
-I/usr/lib/qt3/include
In file included from ../Song.hh:244,
                 from FilterController.hh:75,
                 from mocFilterController.cc:11:
../Track.hh:112: filters/Filters.hh: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [FilterController.mo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/rsff/mustux/protux/src/filters'
make[1]: *** [filters/FilterLib.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rsff/mustux/protux/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2