Re: [Protux-devel] Recording On Protux.

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Recording On Protux.
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 23:48:21 -0300

On Tuesday 24 September 2002 05:54 pm, Fabio dos Santos wrote:

> 1. The Record Flag in the Track Panel Area did not turn red when I armed
> the recording.

The RECO flag is not being used actually. The plan is to make it usable when
TTD is implemented.

> 2. The VU meter was just one single line (i'm wondering, is that the VU
> meter? Wasn't it going to be like the one you were testing, which look
> like XMMS's one??

Should be the number of channels in the recording process. Now it works for 2
channels only. So it should show
2 VU bars. Mind to send a screenshot ?

> 3. It crashed with the following error:
>
> DEBUG : Recorder.cc::th_loop : Leaving REC loop thread
> DEBUG : Recorder.cc::arm : recBufferSize = 4096
> DEBUG : Audio.cc::create : Creating audio : 2 channels,
> DEBUG : Audio.cc::create : 44100 Hz, 16 bits
> DEBUG : Audio.cc::create : Project : Take
> DEBUG : Audio.cc::create : Group : Take
> DEBUG : Audio.cc::create : Hardware : Take
> DEBUG : Audio.cc::create : Desc : Real Time Take
> DEBUG : Recorder.cc::th_loop : Entering REC loop thread
> DEBUG : Recorder.cc::th_loop : Leaving REC loop thread
> DEBUG : Recorder.cc::arm : recBufferSize = 4096
> DEBUG : Audio.cc::create : Creating audio : 2 channels,
> DEBUG : Audio.cc::create : 44100 Hz, 16 bits
> DEBUG : Audio.cc::create : Project : Take
> DEBUG : Audio.cc::create : Group : Take
> DEBUG : Audio.cc::create : Hardware : Take
> DEBUG : Audio.cc::create : Desc : Real Time Take
> DEBUG : Recorder.cc::th_loop : Entering REC loop thread
> X Error: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation) 1
>   Major opcode:  122
>   Resource id:  0x0
> bash-2.05a$ protux: Fatal IO error: client killed

Well this X Error is happening to me too. I already know what causes it but I
need some gdb work to find where the bugs are.. Solving in time.

The way to avoid this is to keep the zoom factor low, 1:1024 is good and
generally makes a stable recording.