[Protux-devel] sync'ing trees

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: [Protux-devel] sync'ing trees
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 09:54:30 -0300

I already sync'ed my local tree, but now I cant compile

here is what I am doing :

$ aclocal -I /path/to/alsa.m4
$ autoconf

configure.ac:13: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:15: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_ENABLE_SHARED
configure.ac:16: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_ENABLE_STATIC

i know I should first correct above, but anyway, I tried :

$ automake

src/Makefile.am:6: `CXXFLAGS' is a user variable, you should not override it;
src/Makefile.am:6: use `AM_CXXFLAGS' instead.
src/filters/Makefile.am:5: library used but `RANLIB' is undefined
src/filters/Makefile.am:5:
src/filters/Makefile.am:5: The usual way to define `RANLIB' is to add
`AC_PROG_RANLIB'
src/filters/Makefile.am:5: to `configure.ac' and run `autoconf' again.
src/filters/Makefile.am:2: `CXXFLAGS' is a user variable, you should not
override it;
src/filters/Makefile.am:2: use `AM_CXXFLAGS' instead.

Is this happening due the changes in autostuff ? I remove my autostuff and got
the fresh ones from CVS,
so maybe a problem on my version of autoconf, or automake . here they are :

$ autoconf --version

autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.57

$ automake --version

automake (GNU automake) 1.7.4