[Protux-devel] SCO Crap English Revision Alfa

From: rsff
Subject: [Protux-devel] SCO Crap English Revision Alfa
Date: 23 Jul 2003 23:32:39 -0300

"English Revision Alfa"

Regarding Mustux Project and the Attacks to the Free Software Community.

Since the beginning of the Mustux Project, the Mustux Team has stated
its commitment in the development and promotion of Free Software by the
means established by Free Software Foundation. The Linux Kernel and the
ALSA code, which it is dependent on, is of great importance to our
work. Thus we have been following closely the recent attacks on the
Linux Kernel code promoted by the SCO Group.

We, the Mustux Project Team, would like to state that our work will
continue following all FSF resolutions. We do not believe that SCO's
claims have any foundation whatsoever.  However, in the event that the
USA's judiciary system find it contrary to our belief, we will maintain
our work. Since ALSA modules would not be deeply affected by such
forking, we are sure that a Fork in Linux kernel development code will
not have a noticeable impact on our work.

We also would like to state that we do not agree with the preventive
extortion that SCO is pushing into the community. We hope that this
irresponsability ceases soon, and SCO become a footnote on Free
Software history. All Mustux applications will remain under the GPL,
but as a measure of protest on SCO's acts, we are ceasing all informal
and formal support for Mustux Applications running in any SCO's
products, including United Linux (as long as SCO are part of the
consortium) and Caldera Linux. We encourage Mustux Application users
(such Protux) that migrate to other GNU/Linux distributions.

We also alert GNU/Linux/Mustux users to NOT to give any money to SCO.
Instead, consider donating such money to FSF to help them defend the
GPL in courts in case needed.

The Mustux Project Team.
--
rsff <address@hidden