[Protux-devel] Regarding Ogg support

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: [Protux-devel] Regarding Ogg support
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 00:11:43 -0300

Hi,
as you might now, I added Ogg (read-only) native support in libmustux last days.
I noticed that the function ov_read does not return a regular-sized audio
chunck, and for some moments,
I thought I would have to quit the native ogg suport, since
MustuxAudioDeviceMapper, when transferring audio
data into the buses, needs to work with regular-sized audio chunck.
So I decided to try to make it transparent to the clients, by implementing a
internal ring buffer in OggFile::read_fragment
routines. This way, the client "thinks" that it is reading normally from
uncompressed data, and receives a regular-sized
fragment which can be transferred into the bus. I've finished right now, and it
seems it is working pretty fine.

This way, it is already possible to work directly with ogg files. But remember
that this is only input-data . Protux,
as libmustux imposes, cannot record or export into ogg files, but only into
praf, as you already know.

I am commiting the changes, so you guys can take a look . Please test as much
as possible.

Regards

--
Best Regards