Re: [Protux-devel] ABSOLUTELY URGENT

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] ABSOLUTELY URGENT
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 20:51:10 -0300

Now I understand better you idea. Maybe it is really necessary. But it should
be a "inverse-patent" which grants
everyone the right to use the idea.

I heard that some companies want to patent the digital-audio manipulation thru
multimedia aplications. Yes, you
read it right. ANY software that uses graphic to display digital audio would be
ilegal suddenly, including ours.

At least, here in Brazil we have a law that proibits software patents. We hope
that it will keep like this for years :-)

So I am waiting one more "YES" to put the protest.

[]s

On Saturday 30 August 2003 13:29, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> address@hidden schrieb am 28.08.03 04:29:27:
> > Guys,
> >
> > This is a protest. The law has not yet been aproved. But this
> > association is protesting against the new european Law by showing people
> > what sites could be like with this new software patent law.
> >
> > We should do it on Protux's site as well IMHO.
>
> I agree, so here comes the second "YES" ! ;-)
>
> This software patents is a bunch of crap!! :-((
> So this was one of the reasons I was put a question about register a jmb
> patent some weeks ago at mustux-devel, because software business mutated to
> be more and more a crazy business.
>
> greetings
> Reinhard
>
> > Em Qua, 2003-08-27 às 18:25, Remon Sijrier escreveu:
> > > Ehm,
> > >
> > > As far as I understood, it's about the posibility to patend hmm, well
> > > almost everything, including software, algorithms, etc..
> > > But it's explained in detail on the site http://swpat.ffii.org
> > > You can also sign a petition: http://petition.eurolinux.org/
> > >
> > > That's what I understood about the whole thing.
> > >
> > > Remon
> >
> > --
> > rsff

Best Regards
--
Luciano Giordana - Musician - Certified Java/GNU C++ Developer
Free Software Evangelist - Project Mustux - Musician Tools for GNU/Linux