[Protux-devel] JOG FADE .. + JMB

From: booker
Subject: [Protux-devel] JOG FADE .. + JMB
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 22:04:24 +0200

Am Samstag, 4. Oktober 2003 00:42 schrieb Luciano Giordana:
> > btw - I noticed the "JOG FADE .."
> > Looks VERY VERY VERY COOL!!!! :-)
> > Can't await to "hear" it !! ;))
>
> Im working on it right now :-)

Yesssss .... now I can hear it ... time to freak out, boys ... it's cooool !!
;-))

Maybe this is a good point to talk about JMB shortcuts ?

So, since region stuff is also working for general, I noticed that maybe it
could be helpful to free the "R" key ?

So what about using ^T<A> since we "A"rm a track for recording ?

After this we could think about having features like ...

^R>R[E] + LR  to move begin of region to L/R
^R[ET] + LR to move the whole region
... and so on
btw - I also feel VERY comfortable when using <R SPACE> instead of <X SPACE>
(I press R by the middle finger and space by thumb)

also what about using the keys around "G" to handle more gain related stuff?

this means:
^C[FG] + LR to "JOG FADE IN"
^C[FH] + LR to "JOG FADE BOTH"
^C>G[F] + UD to change from linear to log (non-linear)
^C<<GF>> to switch back to linear
^C[GT] to "JOG CLIP GAIN"
^C<<GT>> to reset "JOG CLIP GAIN"
... and so on.

i also thought about the "PLAY (pause mode)" action (and scrub in the
feature).
Some video editing tools use the JKL keys to offer play back at various speed
and also in reverse direction.
So doing ...
<L> could start play back at normal speed (x1) , hit it again change to x2
,and so on ...
<K> could pause the playback and ...
<J> do the play back in reversed direction, and finally
[K] + LR could do the scrub action

And finally we could (maybe we should) think about using the "N" key for Node
stuff, instead of the "E" key, since this is the center key for "E"dge stuff.

Ok, I just wanted to told you this stuff, because my brain sometimes gets a
memory leak!! ;-))
So RFC on this!!

greetings
Reinhard