Re: [Protux-devel] Bus Monitor looks Cool !

From: Reinhard Amersberger
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Bus Monitor looks Cool !
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:51:55 +0200

address@hidden schrieb am 14.10.03 17:58:01:

>  > Just say which marks you want, personally I was thinking of the -3, -6,
> > > -12 dB marks (-12 only when the busses are large enough) and of course -
> > > infinity but -50 is also a good value as  a lower value can't be
> > > represented by a single pixel with this size of the busMonitor.....
> >
> > yes, in my opinion, this seems to be absolutely sufficient for now ...
> > maybe just showing the highest peak (as colored mark and as precise value)
> > ?
>
> You mean the dB value on top of the VU indicators?

Originally yes, but I think there is not enough space left above the VU , right?

So what about a little triangle (or whatever) on the left side of VU showing
the highest measured level with the exact value, as a float value, printed
below this?

Please tell me if this is still a bad description of what I imagine!!
But again ... I think maybe this is stuff that can wait to be done after the
0.20.0 release ...

greetings
Reinhard