[Protux-devel] Song, MustuxAudioBus, and little more updated

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: [Protux-devel] Song, MustuxAudioBus, and little more updated
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 02:09:12 +0200

Hello,

I worked a bit on protux, and as I don't know if everything is done right, can
you have a look at it Luciano?

- Added action names to the action ids in jmb.map
- most JMB slots are connected now in Song, didn't take into account the jmb
contexts, leaved it all to the default Jmb::ANY_CONTEXT (doesn't harm at the
moment, registering a context does nothing at the moment??)
- JMBSLot Song::dragging() shouldn't be like this, reverted it into void
Song::dragging()  ( dragging is the result of an action made in a JMBSlot,
not a JMBSlot itself???)

The QStrings which use setNum() a lot are changed into QCString, the Qt docs
say to not use QCString but use QString instead for internationalization
reasons, so I suggest to use QCString only when performance may be an issue.

After installing linux from scratch on my computer I had all kind of strange
problems, like recording/playing didn't work anymore, busmonitor didn't have
a window-border etc.
These problems are due new versions of alsa and qt. I fixed those problems, so
MustuxAudioBus requires ALSA >= 1.0.x now. Automake and friends still say
ALSA >= 0.9.0 though. (They say it is backwardscompatible, so it may compile
with alsa >= 0.9.x but I cannot test it here since I'm using alsa 1.0.3 now.
See this messsage: http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-devel%
40lists.sourceforge.net/msg09892.html )
Anyway its working here, and if it doesn't work with alsa 0.9.0 then you have
to upgrade to 1.0.x   ;-)
Also, protux shouldn't hang anymore when an audiodevice is in use by another
application, it gives an error message on the console and continues  working
without that particular device

Commented out the RTC code in MustuxAudioDeviceMapper, it locks up my computer
hard everytime I try to play/record. This is bad, but if you want to use it,
uncomment it (that like: don't try this at home!)

Hopefully I didn't forget anything.

Greetings,

Remon