Re: [Protux-devel] Waking up !!!!

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Waking up !!!!
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 22:48:01 +0200

On Monday 09 August 2004 20:34, Martin Herren wrote:
> Luciano Domenico Giordana wrote:
> | Hello dudes !
> | I am FINALLY free of my craporative duties. That means I have more
> | than 4 hours a day to spend on serious stuff (like free software for
> | example).
> | Of course, I will take some days off, but I'd like to wok on some
> | urgent things right now, like finishing basic (still buggy) MUE engine
> | coding, and some specifications for next phase (Filters, specially)
> | and precode MAD with Remon
> |

> | Glad to be back !
>
> welcome back !

Nice, also "welcome back" :-)

> haven't been really present here for the last few month... better said
> completely absent.
> But i just want to protux again some more... so what is needed beside
> autostuff ?
> i began some ogg/vorbis/flac stuff some times ago, to have native
> import/export for ogg vorbis and flac... perhaps i'll try to continue on
> it. Otherwise i might go again on some PM stuff.
> If needed i'll perhaps dig a little more into alsa to help do MAD stuff...

So much stuff to be done, but ALSA is in fact very mature at the moment. There
isn't much more we can do with ALSA  (or switch to use ALSA with poll ;-) )
The wrapping around ALSA (MAD) is very new and blank ;-)
PM is an area where much can be done, for example "list view". Some people
suggested some things, have a look at the wishlist in the forum.

Remon