[Protux-devel] news from plugin land

From: Luciano Domenico Giordana
Subject: [Protux-devel] news from plugin land
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:34:56 -0200

Hi all,
This is just to tell you guys I just made a draft of plugin engine code.
I will adopt QLibray rather than dlopen, since this is a more suitable
wrapper for classes methods and instantiable types.  Also QLibrary is
migrating to QPluginLoader in QT4, so a robust and transparent plugin
programming paradigm will be possible after qt4 adoption.

The planned architeture for plugins is :

PROTUXHOME/plugins  - Native and 3rd party COMPILED plugins
PROTUXHOME/src/nativeplugins - Source code for our native plugins.
Former "filter" engine, which is still being migrated
PROTUXHOME/src/ProtuxAudioPlugin - Abstract interface for plugin
development (must have documentation, and surely a SDK, not done yet)
PROTUXHOME/src/ProtuxPluginLoader - engine that register, hashes and
manage all plugins found on PROTUXHOME/plugins dir at startup time

I will keep sending messages from the frontier. Our army is just
holding some bullets for emergency defense, but entire troups are
ready for the invasion. Over.

ps - ahn... "troups" ...:?

--
Luciano Domenico Giordana