[Protux-devel] Annoucing migration to Java

From: Luciano Domenico Giordana
Subject: [Protux-devel] Annoucing migration to Java
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:53:11 -0300

hi,

This is to let you know that I made my last considerations , specially on graphical performance, and decided to migrate to Java.
Next emails I will probably set a road for that. Meanwhile, I invite current (still any ?:-) ) developers and those interested to join the project to take a look on some fun and nice Java 3D demos on this site : http://www.mandrixx.net/javaadv.html , which were a very big motivation for me to close this issue.

Java 3D would be a last-way solution for graphic performance, also, it would be an alibi for a really  "eye-candy" Protux. Of course, during the migration, the real needs of 3D will be determined.

Martin, I know than you may leave the project because of this annoucement, although I dont want it. So, I´d like to ask you to make a last-minute-review of your opinions and try to see some "fun" on all this java thing. Anyway, I will respect your decision, whatever it is.

Regards

--
Luciano Domenico Giordana
Software Engineer / Java/C++ Senior Developer