protux-support

Re: [Protux-support] What to enter in Dsp Device field?

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-support] What to enter in Dsp Device field?
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 20:56:36 +0200

On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 13:49:04 -0800 (PST)
Al Oomens <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've downloaded protux and got it running on my linux
> system. I can see that this user interface would be an
> excellent way to work on audio projects. I'm looking
> forward to hao the program develops. I am having one
> problem. What do I enter for the "Dsp Device" field?
> I've tried /dev/dsp, alsa, alsahw,0,0, snd-card-0, and
> probably a few others, but it still will not lay.

AFAIK this field is not used (anymore)

> It
> will also not render to a file. WHat am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Do you try to render using <<RETURN>> ?
What happens then ? Do you get any error messages ?
Normally a File Dialog should pop-up where you can specify the file.
The render button in the File Stuff Dialog doesn't work yet.

/Martin

--
Martin Herren

Protux - A Free Professional Audio Tool for GNU/Linux:
-> http://www.nongnu.org/protux/
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy:
->http://gnuwin.epfl.ch