pspp-dev

Re: More notes on Mac OS X 10.3.6 (Panther)

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: More notes on Mac OS X 10.3.6 (Panther)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 12:09:21 +0800

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 10:32:44PM -0500, Marshall DeBerry wrote:
     There's a slight problem with Ben's patch for the Mac.  If HAVE_FSEEKO is
     defined, then the define off_t long int  check will not be executed. I had
     to move this chunk out of the check for HAVE_FSEEKO for it work properly on
     Mac OS X 10.3.6 . I put the off_t check immediately after the HAVE_FSEEKO
     check.

Actually, the test is
#ifndef HAVE_FSEEKO
   ^

It would be strange if your system has fseeko but doesn't have off_t.
What do you get if you do grep HAVE_FSEEKO config.h ??

I think the safest answer is to put the macro  AC_TYPE_OFF_T in
configure.ac and have a separate test in flip.c, since fseeko and
off_t are independent(ish).

     Second, I have the X11 "modules" and software developer modules as
     distributed by Apple installed on my Powerbook.  To get pspp to link
     properly, I had to have the X11 libs searched.  I have this set of
     parameters as part of my LDFLAGS environment variable:

     export LDFLAGS="-L/sw/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXt -lXaw -lXext -lX11"

     Not sure of the best way for having the configure you've set up check for
     the X11 libs  and set up the appropriate library search flags, but this
     seems to work ok.

Did you link against a static version of libplot ?  PSPP shouldn't
actually need X11 (currently it uses it to render charts, but
that's a strictly temporary measure).  If you link against a dynamic
libplot library, then I don't see that you will need to put any X11
paths in LDFLAGS.

     I've now got in the src directory an executable pspp module, which
complains
     about not having the right output drivers setup when I try to run it in
that
     directory.  I'm hoping that when I do a make install that that problem will
     go away.

I hope so too :)  If it doesn't then let us know.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
See http://wwwkeys.pgp.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.