pspp-dev

Re: new expression code checked in

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: new expression code checked in
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 06:30:42 +0800

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 09:17:57AM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:

     > On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 06:09:48AM +0800, John Darrington wrote:
     >      It fails distcheck for me:
     >

     > But I've just checked in a fix for it, so it should work now.

     I don't understand the changes to the Perl code.  Why is it
     necessary to rename generate.pl?  Does the `do' command not work
     properly in some versions of Perl?

I'm no Perl expert, but this is what I found:  The 'do' command seemed
to work only if its argument was found in the current dir. Therefore,
it was failing when pspp was being built from outside the source tree.
I changed it to a module (which apparently require a .pm suffix) so
that I can specify its location using the -I flag on the command
line. For similar reasons it was necessary to pass the operations.def
using the -i in your script rather than letting the script guess where
it was.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3